HANDS in Autism® is conducting an Assessment of Needs in ASD Resources and Services in the State of Indiana. The data is anonymously collected and serves to inform the State and best guide recommendations for changes in policies, processes, services, and programming pertaining to autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in Indiana.
To help increase the number of responses, from now until October 31, HANDS in Autism® is offering an incentive to individuals and groups who complete the needs assessment survey.
What kind of incentive?
If you or a group of persons complete the Needs Assessment between August 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020, you are eligible to receive a $10 Thank-you Gift towards one of our online courses on IU Expand. These courses are self-paced, interactive and cover a broad range of topics that are relevant to community members as well as those who work directly with individuals with ASD.
How do I participate?
To receive our Thank-you Gift of $10 towards one of our self-paced online courses on IU Expand:
- Individuals or Groups should complete the survey.
- Fill out this form of completion. (One person may fill out this form on behalf of a group)
- You will receive a code via email.
- Redeem your Thank-you Gift toward one of our courses on IU Expand.
- Tell your friends, family, community members, and colleagues about the Needs Assessment and how it can help shape our state policy.
- Additional information about the Needs Assessment on our Research Page
- You can receive a printable version or alternate form of the survey by contacting us at HANDS@iupui.edu.
What if I need assistance with providing the survey to an individual with special communication or other accommodation needs?
For alternative ways to complete the survey (e.g., individual interview, or focus group), the HANDS in Autism® team or project coordinators can assist! Request accommodations online or contact us at email@example.com.
Are my responses still anonymous and private if I accept this incentive?
Yes. All responses are anonymous and cannot be traced back to a particular participant and is not tied to the form for the Thank-You Gift.
Some restrictions do apply to this promotion, including the following:
- The Thank-you Gift is for persons and groups completing the survey between the dates of 8/1/2020-10/31/2020.
- This Thank-you Gift is not transferable and must be claimed/used by December 31, 2020
- Individuals taking the assessments must be 18 years of age or older.
For more information about this study, contact Drs. Naomi Swiezy and/or Tiffany Neal, coordinators of this project, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-274-2675.
Conducted by the HANDS in Autism® Interdisciplinary Training and Resource Center, Department of Psychiatry, IU School of Medicine on behalf of the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA). Approved by the Indiana University IRB #2004206065. Primary Investigator: Naomi Swiezy, PhD, HSPP
Want more info about trainings and professional development opportunities?
Fill out our training request form to let us know what kind of learning you are looking for and we will get back to you with customizable options. Also see our Training and Services section of the website to learn more about what we offer.