This position will provide consultation in special education related areas on a team of experts in the field of autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental disabilities across the lifespan. Additionally, it will provide a range of consultation and follow up services at the Center as well as within the community setting; provide basic educational materials to families, school personnel, and other caregivers and providers; create tools utilized for education/training in clinical and research formats; assist in research and student training activities; conduct ongoing workshops and trainings to a range of consumers. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consultation to families, educators, and other providers regarding appropriate and effective academic programming within community settings.
- Conduct academic and skills assessments for consumers of the Center.
- Administer standardized and non-standardized tests and measurements to assist in identification of appropriate goals for educational and other programming.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team evaluations as needed to aid in the completion of comprehensive evaluation of individuals seen within this service.
- Assist in the implementation of outreach trainings provided within the context of the HANDS in Autism® Center initiatives.
- Assist with the dissemination of basic educational materials and research literature to help educate caregivers/staff/professionals.
- Provide innovation in service delivery with development of workshops responsive to the expressed needs of the community.
Contact Dr. Naomi Swiezy with your resume and cover letter.