Title: Transition and Behavioral Support Specialists
Primary Role: Provide consultation in the area of transition planning and services on a team of experts in the field of neurodevelopmental and behavioral disorders. Provide a range of consultation and direct services at the Center as well as in the community (e.g., home, school, work, intensive treatment settings); provide basic resource and learning materials to consumers across the lifespan, caregivers and providers; create tools utilized to support implementation of evidence-based practices; assist in research and student training activities; conduct ongoing workshops and trainings to a range of consumers and stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide innovation in service delivery responsive to the expressed needs of the community and State.
- Conduct vocational, functional, cognitive and other related assessments for consumers of HANDS.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team evaluations as needed to inform comprehensive evaluation, treatment planning, and training needed.
- Provide consultation to individuals, families and providers regarding appropriate and effective academic, vocational, and functional programming within home/community settings.
- Assist in the development, preparation and implementation of outreach, training, and resources provided within the context of the HANDS in Autism® programming and services.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described.
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in special education, education, psychology or mental health or related field and 1 year of experience working with individuals of transition age required.
Master’s Degree in health or education field with related license eligibility as well as experience working with individuals with autism spectrum and/or related neurodevelopmental disabilities at secondary and/or postsecondary level preferred.
Scope and Impact:
Specialist will contribute to the Center’s impact with individual consumers as well as community and state-wide efforts in outreach, training and education.
Contact Naomi Swiezy, Ph.D., HSPP at firstname.lastname@example.org with statement of interest and resume.