**Now Accepting Theme Suggestions for the 2023 Autism Art Expo!**
There’s no such thing as a bad suggestion, so send us what you got!
Explore the 2022 gallery, activities, as well as past Expo themes below. Ready to submit your art? Scroll down or click here to start sending in your artwork!
Make a Birdfeeder with Courtney (FB Live Event)
Make a Self-Portrait with Claire (FB Live Event)
Create a Fire Breathing Dragon with Macy (FB Live Event)
Join in on the fun as we post artwork ideas and highlight some of the artwork from past and present expos on our Facebook Page
Artists with ASD, as well as those who want to support Autism Acceptance Month are encouraged to submit artwork of any medium to be displayed online as part of the 12th Annual Autism Art Expo! Group submissions are also encouraged.
Send us photos and videos of your paintings, drawings, poetry, crafts, group activities, music, dance, and digital media!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Tips for Photographing Your Artwork
While we are happy to tweak artwork that is submitted to make sure it is displayed in the most accurate and polished way possible, there are some things you can do to make you artwork look its best. For non-photographers, the following tips may help you.
- Use a camera or cell phone that takes good pictures.
- Make sure the place where you are taking pictures has plenty of light.
- Adjust the location of the artwork and the camera so that there are no shadows or light glares showing up in the photo.
- Take pictures as close to straight-ahead as you can, instead of at an angle.
- Try placing the artwork flat on the ground and standing above it if you have trouble with the artwork leaning against the wall.
- If you have drawings and access to a photo/document scanner, this is also a good way to capture the art. Make sure the settings are on “photo” and “high resolution”.
If you would like to submit more than 3 pieces of art, you can do so by:
- Uploading all artwork to a Google Drive folder
- You can categorize different artists’ work into separate folders within a larger, group folder
- Change the name of each artist’s folder or document to their full name (or first name with last initial) and title of their artwork
- Share the editable link with us by email to HANDSart@iupui.edu
- If you are not sure how to do any of this, please let us know by email and we will assist where needed!