While traveling may offer many exciting opportunities for individuals, social interactions, flying on an airplane, and sitting for prolonged periods of time may present some stressful or challenging situations for individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or related developmental disabilities and their families. Included in this guide are tips that may help minimize anxiety and resulting behaviors to help individuals to more fully enjoy this unique experience.
This download is a 29-page PDF that contains:
- Information about preparing for travel plans
- Choice Board template with choices
- An example of a flight checklist mini-schedule
- Sample visual pull-off mini-schedule options for air travel
- Voice volume chart
- ASD information cards to distribute to other passengers
- Sample social narratives about the fun of flying in multiple formats
There are no reviews yet.