3-Day Intensive Training for Parents, Families and Caregivers
- Session 1: July 11, 18 & 25 (Mondays)| 9am-3pm ET
- Session 2: September 26, October 24 & November 28 (Mondays) | 9am-3pm ET
Cost: $550 (virtual)
NOW OFFERING: Group Discounts!
- Each member of your group/team must register separately
- When prompted in the registration form, list the names/roles of other individuals attending in your group
- For every 2 members registered in your group, you’ll receive a 100% off discount for a 3rd member
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
HANDS HOUSE Model
This innovative, interactive training offers activities and traditional instructional methods such as lectures and discussions, an emphasis of the training is building increased knowledge and skill in the process of making and supporting appropriate programming decisions for your child through hands-on application and learning. Both parents/caregivers and children are active participants across the training days facilitating a rich learning environment for all.
The training environment will provide exposure to a variety of associated behavioral, educational, and topic-specific examples through live observation, video samples, and scenario-based discussions and activities, as well as several opportunities for hands-on application and coaching. Training topics build successively across each day using the HANDS in Autism® Model Training Curriculum, Framework and Process with the following focus per day:
- Day 1: Learning about diagnoses/eligibility; Setting the stage for success through physical and visual structure, schedules and work systems
- Day 2: Prompting strategies and understanding skill sets through assessment
- Day 3: Determining and implementing individualizing teaching across functional, social, academic and behavioral skills
What to Expect
A range of instructional methods are included to provide optimal learning and application, including:
- Online modules
- Traditional didactic instruction
- Small and large group discussions
- Observation of HANDS trainers interacting with youth with opportunity to practice and receive feedback on techniques and approaches introduced in training
This training is appropriate for families and caregivers who support or provide care to children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and related social, communication and behavioral challenges. Child participants attending with a family member or caregiver will be within a common age range and have current social, communication and/or behavioral challenges.
Applications are taken on a first come, first serve basis. At the time of application, participants will have the ability to select between the options of parent(s)/caregiver(s) with children or parent only. All attempts will be made to honor these requests.
This training is priced to provide a range of options for parents/caregivers with interest in participating. Options allow for attendance with or without your child as well as ability for additional parents/caregivers and/or more than one child to participate.
For further information or to discuss the best fit for your family/team, please feel free to connect with us at email@example.com or 317-274-2675.
Scholarships and Future Trainings
Yes, partial scholarships through HANDS in Autism are available to qualifying participants.
Learning is important to effectively support individuals with ASD. To make learning accessible for families and professionals, we have created a resource list featuring grants for individuals and also have partial scholarships available with approved applications.