Get 25% OFF during the month of JUNE using the code HANDS25 when registering
NOW OFFERING: Group Discounts!
- Each member of your group/team must register separately
- When prompted in the registration form, list the names/roles of other individuals attending in your group
- For every 2 members registered in your group, you’ll receive a 100% off discount for a 3rd member
- Contact email@example.com with any questions
HANDS House Model
Join the HANDS in Autism® Team for an intensive training focused on innovative, interactive experiences and coaching in community settings and special ed/general ed classrooms (preK-12). Training days consist of a combination of independent and group learning opportunities enhanced by simulated and live practice of skills and strategies with students with ASD allowing for ongoing modeling, coaching, feedback and mentoring from HANDS trainers. With an emphasis on building increased knowledge and skill in the process of making appropriate programming decisions for each student, classroom, and/or intervention team, training topics build progressively across each day using the HANDS in Autism® Model training curriculum, framework and process.
During the training, we will cover all the topics of the HANDS in Autism® Model!
- Building the Environment: Physical and Visual Structure; including Schedules, Work Systems, and Choreography
- Assessment: Educational and Behavioral Assessment, Systematic Data Collection
- Setting Goals: Goal Development & Writing; Ongoing Data-Driven Decision Making
- Teaching: Skills Teaching, Tasks and Adaptations
- Generalizing: Maintenance, Team Collaboration, Community & Cultural Considerations
NEW in 2022!
As busy professionals, you need flexibility as to when and how you can develop your professional skills. With the new training structure offered by HANDS in Autism®, you can select from meeting online ONCE A WEEK + INDEPENDENT STUDY TIME (6 days total) to scheduling one SINGLE WEEK of intensive training online and/or onsite (5 full days).
|Synchronous Session I (once a week; online or onsite):||Session II (5 consecutive days; online or onsite):|
|DAY 1*: Fri June 17 | 1-4pm EST|
DAY 2*: Fri June 24 | 1-4pm EST
DAY 3*: Fri July 1 | 1-4pm EST
DAY 4*: Fri July 8 | 1-4pm EST
DAY 5*: Fri July 15 | 1-4pm EST
DAY 6*: Fri July 22 | 8am-5pm EST
|July 18-22 Mon-Fri | 8am-5pm EST|
|*In addition to the live session, schedule at least 2 + hours a week for independent review of materials and homework|
Virtual vs Onsite Experiences
|Types of Experience||Virtual||Onsite|
|Didactic opportunities (live presentation)||X||X|
|Hands-on experiences with students||X||X|
|Case-based learning in small groups||X||X|
|Access to online downloadable resources for later use||X||X|
|Just-in-time coaching and mentoring||X||X|
|Bringing in your own classroom experience||X||X|
|Access to Professional Learning Community (post-training)||X||X|
|Access to free office hours (post-training)||X||X|
|Certificate of attendance (42 contact hours)||X||X|
|Attendance at the HANDS office (downtown Indianapolis)||–||X|
|Learn from home or your classroom||X||–|
|Didactic opportunities (independent)||X||–|
About Our Intensive Training
Our training focuses on providing hands-on experience and coaching according to the HANDS in Autism® framework, curriculum, and process for a range of education personnel, community service providers, administrators, and other professionals working with individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and related disabilities in school and community settings.
- Interactive practice, coaching, and feedback within simulated and video-based formats
- Practical discussions regarding problem-solving solutions that work across settings and disabilities
- Experiences perfect for new and experienced teachers, para-professionals, administrators, job coaches, transition specialists, coordinators & other community providers.
- Participate! (in learning & assessments, including pre, post, and follow-up): Regardless whether you are in a virtual or onsite environment, our learning activities are synchronous and team-based with multiple breakouts, design and development, and hands-on experiences with students. To learn, you MUST participate!
- Collaborate! (with your peers and HANDS trainers): Whether it is a small group discussion or teaching activities for students, you are learning as part of a team!
- Engage! (in small and large group discussions, submission of your work, and enjoyment of activities): To better remember new skills and tie them in with what you already know, you need to practice! Engaging across all types of activities will help you with that!
- Canvas, our learning management system, where you will access learning materials, videos, simulations, and individual and group activities, submit your quizzes and assignments, and receive individual feedback as planned
- Zoom, an online conferencing platform, that we will use throughout the week to hold small group activities and large group discussions, provide modeling of techniques, and foster participation in other group assignments.
- Active learning with our experienced trainers
- Access to learning materials during the training course
- Downloadable resources to use and share within the natural setting after the training
- Unique virtual networking and training experience
- 42 contact hours towards your professional development
- Ongoing boosters after training to support the generalization in your setting
- Connection with HANDS trainers and fellow participants for networking, collaboration and general support ongoing
Looking for a training that isn’t listed yet?
Refunds & Cancellations
The following is our cancellation policy that is applicable across all events:
All registrations are final, and no refunds or transfers will be issued. If you find that you are unable to attend a scheduled session, your registration fee may be applied to your attendance at a future session within the same calendar year if available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 317-274-2675 at least 72 hours prior to the start of the event.