Activity: This or That?
Do you have any take-aways from this activity? Did you have more in common with others than you thought? Or are you more unique than you thought?
This can be a great way to make friends!
- If you find something in common (i.e. both like riding your bike or both like rock music), you can find things to enjoy together! (i.e. ride your bikes together or talk about rock music that you both enjoy!)
- If you find differences with another person (i.e. that person likes math wayyy more than you do, you can ask them to help you with your math homework! Or teach you how to ride bike if you don’t know how!)
- Friendships with people who are different from you are just as important as friendships with people who are similar
- Do you have an example of a friendship that was built on your differences, rather than your similarities?
Video: I am…but I am Not
Activity: I am… but I am not…
Video: We Are all Different…and that’s AWESOME!
Video: Social Inclusion – End the Cycle!
What are ways we can end the cycle of unemployment & misconceptions in disabilities? Let’s brainstorm!
- Write down your strengths or things that make you unique!
- Think of ways that businesses or schools can adapt themselves to be more inclusive