HANDS in Autism® is conducting an Assessment of Needs in ASD Resources and Services in the State of Indiana.The data collected serves to inform the State and best guide recommendations for changes in policies, processes, services, and programming pertaining to autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in Indiana.
To help increase the number of responses, from now until June 21, HANDS in Autism® is offering an incentive to groups who facilitate the completion of 15 or more needs assessment surveys.
One in 62 in Indiana are diagnosed with ASD and over 17,000 Indiana students receive special education services. (Pratt, 2020)
What kind of incentive?
We know you are busy! We appreciate your time, effort, input and perspective in contributing to the survey! That is why we would like to offer options for participation and reward:
- Facilitate the completion of 15 or more needs assessments (English or Spanish) by June 21 and HANDS in Autism will:
- Provide your agency or organization with a free online professional development opportunity on one of a variety of ASD-related topics; OR
- Share a customized summary based on the data collected that would be of most interest or support to your business objectives.
- Facilitate completion of less than 15 needs assessments by June 21 and your agency’s name will be placed in a drawing for an online professional development opportunity for your agency or organization on one of a variety of ASD-related topics.
How do I participate?
If you are interested in participating in this opportunity and acquiring training or information for your agency, here’s the steps you or your organization can take:
- Go online to complete the Needs Assessment Recruitment Participation Survey to signify your agency’s desire to participate and what reward you are working towards.
- Implement your plan for increasing the number of Indiana Needs assessments in your community, using the following tools:
- You can receive a printable version or alternate form of the survey by contacting us at HANDS@iupui.edu.
- Track the number of surveys you facilitate to completion.
- Report your results on our Needs Assessment Reporting Survey.
What if I need assistance with providing the survey to an individual with special communication or other accommodation needs?
For alternative ways to complete the survey (e.g., individual interview, or focus group), the HANDS in Autism® team or project coordinators can assist! Request accommodations online or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some restrictions do apply to this promotion, including the following:
- The rewards are not transferable and must be claimed/used within the same calendar year (2020)
- Training opportunities will not pertain to our intensive, multi-day trainings, setting-based consultations, and/or live events.
- Individuals taking the assessments must be 18 years of age or older.
For more information about this study, contact Drs. Naomi Swiezy and/or Tiffany Neal, coordinators of this project, at email@example.com or call 317-274-2675.
Ti ṣe nipasẹ awọn HANDS ni Autism® Interdisciplinary Training and Resource Center, Department of Psychiatry, IU School of Medicine dípò Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA). Ti fọwọsi nipasẹ Ile-ẹkọ giga Indiana IRB # 2004206065. Oluṣewadii akọkọ: Naomi Swiezy, PhD, HSPP
Want more info about trainings and professional development opportunities?
Fill out our training request form to let us know what kind of learning you are looking for and we will get back to you with customizable options. Also see our Training and Services section of the website to learn more about what we offer.